After graduating a course in college, you decide to join the realtor bandwagon and become a Burlingame real estate agent. Now is the time to apply in several brokerage companies. These companies know why you want the job. What they want to know from you is what makes you qualified for the job.
Getting their attention to be invited for an interview is the main purpose of a resume. Make your resume stand-out with the following tips:
- Start your resume with a powerful first line such as “Licensed Realtor with More than 8 Years of Professional Experience in Residential Sales”. By putting something like this at the onset of your resume highlights your strength at the first glance.
- Backup your first statement with an equally strong paragraph. Include information such as your additional skills, achievements, and proven track records. Again, your purpose is to catch the reader’s attention so you need to use strong and convincing words to create the right impression that you are the man for the job. Don’t keep the reader guessing what your potentials are. Give concrete statements such as: “Expert in creating prospecting campaigns which increase agencies acquisition rate by an average of 18% each year”.
- As a salesperson, your weapons are your sales records. Don’t forget to include your sales statistics when writing a resume. However, make sure your numbers are substantiated with a statement as to how you were able to achieve them. For instance, a line that says “Closed an average of 12 transactions each year” is good. But don’t just end here. It is better if you will explain how you were able to deal those 12 transactions. You can add by saying “Invites potential clients for a webinar which I conduct at the end of each month. This makes them aware of the current listings and updates in the real estate market”. Again, you will be judged by the numbers, not with flowery adjectives.
- Selling is a continuous learning. Include the training and seminars you attended. If you have additional certification that can boost your resume, don’t forget to include them. If you are a member of a prominent club or an organization, don’t hesitate to write it. It gives the brokers an idea of how extensive your network is and how good your people skills are.
- Include some of these characteristics that you possess in your resume:
- Able to negotiate
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Cleverly organized
- Great customer service skills
- Flexible and resourceful
- Knowledgeable of all selling processes- from pre-selling to closing a sale